Close Menu
New York Daily News Online
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube TikTok
    New York Daily News OnlineNew York Daily News Online
    • Home
    • US News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Technology
    • Science
    • Books
    • Film
    • Music
    • Television
    • LifeStyle
    • Contact
      • About
      • Amazon Disclaimer
      • DMCA / Copyrights Disclaimer
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms and Conditions
    New York Daily News Online
    Home»Music

    Watch Kneecap play defiant Rock en Seine gig as protestors attempt to disrupt show

    AdminBy AdminAugust 25, 2025 Music
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Watch Kneecap play defiant Rock en Seine gig as protestors attempt to disrupt show

    Protestors attempted to disrupt Kneecap‘s Rock en Seine performance this weekend – see what happened below.

    • READ MORE: Kneecap on the cover – giving peace, protest and partying a chance

    Yesterday (August 24), the Irish rap trio took to the Rock en Seine stage following weeks of tension due to their controversial remarks aimed at Israel. Following the group’s explosive set at Coachella earlier this year – where they hit out at Israel and several governments for their support of Israel in the Israel-Palestine conflict – calls were made to remove the group from several festival bills across the UK and Europe.

    Paris’ Rock en Seine Festival stood by Kneecap, confirming that they would not be removing the act from the bill – this unfortunately resulted in substantial funding being cut from this year’s programming.

    At the set yesterday, the start of Kneecap’s set saw pro-Israel supporters protest against the group. People waved small anti-Kneecap flags in their hands and continually blew on whistles to disrupt the show, only to be called out by the rap trio instead and be removed from the crowd as “Free, free Palestine” chants echoed across the festival grounds.

    Rapper Móglaí Bap said: “They wanna try and stop us. They don’t want us to play the festival. We’re not going to allow them to get away. We’re not like them. We’re not like Israel. We’re not here to cause fights. We’re here to have a good time. If anyone blows whistles, let security know, we’ll get rid of them. No aggravation. It’s all love, all support for Palestine.”

    Mo Chara continued: “I know we’re angry, we’re frustrated. Do not let these people feel that. We’re here for love, enjoyment and support.”

    Following Kneecap’s address of the protestors, the rest of their set seemingly went off without a hitch, and the trio were able to complete their Rock en Seine performance without any other interference.

    Last week, the group’s Mo Chara appeared at Westminster Magistrates Court over terrorism charges levelled against him in May for allegedly displaying a Hezbollah flag onstage at a London show last November. The musician first appeared at the court in June, when he was released on unconditional bail.

    At the hearing last week, it was announced that judgment has been reserved, with the next hearing set to be held on Friday September 26. There, Judge Paul Goldspring will give his decision on whether he has jurisdiction to hear the case. Additionally, Mo Chara’s lawyers are seeking to throw out the case, arguing that the terror charge against him was brought outside the time limit.

    Responding to the terror charge in May, the group denied the offence and vowed to “vehemently defend ourselves”. “This is political policing,” they wrote. “This is a carnival of distraction. We are not the story. Genocide is.”

    Kneecap have consistently denied supporting either Hamas or Hezbollah, and said that they do not incite or condone violence. They have also argued that the footage at the UK shows had been taken out of context, and described the legal action as a “carnival of distraction”.

    Read the original article here

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit

    you might also be interested in...

    Betty Who apologises for “harmful” comments about lesbians: “I will do better”

    Halsey Is an Executive Producer of Charlie Kaufman’s New Short Film: Watch the Trailer

    Watch System Of A Down honour Ozzy Osbourne with first ‘Snowblind’ performance in 23 years

    Bex Lindsey Headlines/ Mark MK McLaughlin Hosts neElectrifying FENIX Rising Showcase at Chelsea Table & Stage

    Ariana Grande to Return to the Stage With 2026 Tour

    Watch Lil Wayne pause Kansas City gig to celebrate Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce’s engagement

    Popular Posts

    Fed’s Waller, a candidate for chair, sees potential for half-point cut if labor market weakens further

    My Life with the Walter Boys Season 2’s Finale Fumbled Its Best Idea for an Unnecessary Cliffhanger

    Amy Adams and Aaron Pierre Join ‘Star Wars: Starfighter’

    Halsey Is an Executive Producer of Charlie Kaufman’s New Short Film: Watch the Trailer

    MasterClass subscriptions are half off for Labor Day

    An economic strategy for American space supremacy

    Categories
    • Books (1,534)
    • Business (2,109)
    • Events (26)
    • Film (979)
    • LifeStyle (1,971)
    • Music (1,844)
    • Politics (1,389)
    • Science (1,827)
    • Technology (1,772)
    • Television (1,896)
    • Uncategorized (33)
    • US News (1,960)
    Archives
    Useful Links
    • Contact
    • About
    • Amazon Disclaimer
    • DMCA / Copyrights Disclaimer
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube TikTok
    © 2025 New York Daily News Online. All rights reserved. All articles, images, product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. All company, product and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement unless specified. By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.