Sonic Frontiers is coming out in Q4 2022, but one fan just couldn’t wait. So, they created a Sonic the Hedgehog tech demo in Unreal Engine 5, complete with Lumen, DLSS, and DLSS Sharpness. Lumen allowed ‘Detonando Gueek’ from Brazil to add glossy reflections on translucency, diffuse global illumination as well as shadowed skylight that can be seen in all reflections.
Similar to Sonic Frontiers, this tech demo is also an open world design, while the former starts at Starfall Islands, where the player explores as they scale towers in platforming challenges as well as solve puzzles to collect items. If this tech demo eventually becomes a playable game, we may also see traditional Sonic elements, like springs, boost pads, and grind rails. Let’s just hope that someone doesn’t make a first-person view Sonic game.
ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 Thin and Light 2-in-1 Laptop, 14” FHD Touch Display, AMD Ryzen 7 5700U, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Stylus, Windows 10 Home, Fingerprint Reader, Bespoke Black, TM420UA-DS71T
- Powerful & efficient AMD Ryzen 7 5700U Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.3GHz, 8 cores)
- 512GB SSD and 8GB DDR4 RAM
- 14” Full HD Wideview touch display (with glossy finish) with up to 178° viewing angle optimized for entertainment
- 12.8” wide, 0.7” thin with a stunning 82% screen-to-body ratio; Brushed aluminum chassis and lightweight at 3.31 pounds
- Stylus and holder included