This Skyrim Unreal Engine 5 makeover by Christian Gomm shows what the game would look like if released today. Originally released back in 2011, it’s set in Skyrim, the northernmost province of Tamriel, and focuses on the player’s character, the Dragonborn, on their quest to defeat Alduin the World-Eater. The capabilities of Unreal Engine 5 add modern lighting and textures to this legendary game.
Why would Gomm undertake such a a project? Well, he uses this environment to work on his photogrammetry workflow, as it contains a mixture of his own photoscanned assets, megascans and substance materials. The pine trees were created using Speed Tree, and the Spruce trees were sourced from an unreal market asset pack. Now if only the Hummer EV’s Unreal Engine-powered infotainment system can run games.
Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Laptop, 17.3″ HD+ Display, AMD Ryzen 5 5500U, 8GB RAM, 512GB Storage, AMD Radeon 7 Graphics, Windows 11 Home, Abyss Blue
- The IdeaPad 3 17-inch laptop is the ultimate notebook for performance at home and beyond, built with an AMD Ryzen 5 5500U Processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM, and 512GB SSD storage
- Expect more from your entertainment on the massive 17-inch HD+ display with AMD Integrated Radeon 7 Graphics. Dolby Audio delivers crystal-clear sound so whether you’re watching a video, streaming music, or video-chatting, you’re sure to love what you see and hear
- A narrow bezel on 4 sides makes for a clean design and larger display, giving you more viewing area and less clutter, while the Ideapad 3’s targeted learn-from home solutions such as Eye Care and Noise-Cancellation help relieve concerns about eye strain and distractions
- Keep your privacy intact with a physical shutter on your webcam for peace of mind when you need it
- WiFi 6 (2.2 802.11 ax) and Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity; ports include USB-C, USB-A 3.2, USB-A 2.0, HDMI, SD card reader, and a 3.5mm audio jack
The majority of the environment was made in a few days, but I’ve been slowly adding to it as I create new photoscans, including many of the stumps and logs, all but one of the stone surfaces, some bark materials and foliage pieces. Almost all of the assets in the scene have nanite enabled and range in polycount from 100,000 to 15 million triangles,” said Gomm.