The Wow! Signal, first detected on August 15, 1977 by astronomer Jerry Ehman, may have originated from a sun-like star in the Sagittarius constellation, according to researchers. This strong signal, which only lasted 1-minute and 12-seconds, was detected when the Big Ear telescope’s two receivers pointed in the direction of the constellation Sagittarius.
Using this knowledge, Cabellero discovered one sun-like star, an object designated 2MASS 19281982-2640123, approximately 1,800 light-years away that has a temperature, diameter and luminosity almost identical to our own stellar companion. Extraterrestrial life may exist on all kinds of planets, but Caballero focused on sun-like stars since they could harbor life and possibly even civilizations. Whatever the case may be, anything is possible, as there are even insane theories that some UFOs use large solar flares to recharge their ships.
Celestron – 70mm Travel Scope – Portable Refractor Telescope – Fully-Coated Glass Optics – Ideal Telescope for Beginners – BONUS Astronomy Software Package
- Superior optics: The Celestron 70mm Travel Scope features high-quality, fully-coated glass optics, a potent 70mm objective lens, a lightweight frame, and a custom backpack to carry it all. Its quality is unmatched in its class and against competitors.
- Powerful eyepieces for up-close viewing: Our telescope for astronomy beginners is equipped with two high-quality eyepieces (20mm and 10mm) that provide low- and high-power views of celestial objects at night and terrestrial objects during the day.
- Large 70mm objective lens: Our refractor telescope is equipped with a large 70mm aperture objective lens that provides enhanced, brighter views compared to the 50mm model while adding very little additional weight. Setting up and using the Travel Scope is quick and easy.
- Bonus bag, tripod, and software: This Celestron telescope and full-height tripod can be taken anywhere in the included travel backpack. Accessories also include a FREE download of one of the top consumer rated astronomy software programs.
- Unbeatable warranty and customer support: Buy with confidence from the telescope brand, based in California since 1960. You’ll also receive a 2-year warranty and unlimited access to technical support from our team of US-based experts.
Since hydrogen is the most abundant element in the universe, there is good logic in guessing that an intelligent civilization within our Milky Way galaxy desirous of attracting attention to itself might broadcast a strong narrowband beacon signal at or near the frequency of the neutral hydrogen line,” said Jerry Ehman, astronomer who first detected the Wow! Signal to Live Science.