Microsoft Flight Simulator announced today a special partnership with the Halo franchise and 343 Industries to bring you a free Halo Infinite Pelican add-on in celebration of the game’s upcoming 40th anniversary. It’s available for free today in the in-sim marketplace for owners of the sim and Xbox Game Pass members.
Best of all, the 40th Anniversary Edition will be a completely free for those who already own Microsoft Flight Simulator or play it via Xbox Game Pass. It will be both a tribute to the game’s past as well as an introduction to new and highly anticipated aircraft types, including: the Wright Flyer, Ryan NYP (“Spirit of St. Louis”), Douglas DC-3, and De Havilland Canada DHC-2-Beaver. In the real world, this electric Halo Warthog actually exists.
Xbox Series S
- Go all digital with Xbox Series S and enjoy next-gen performance in the smallest Xbox ever, at a great price. Bundle includes: Xbox Series S console, one Xbox Wireless Controller, a high-speed HDMI cable, power cable, and 2 AA batteries.
- Make the most of every gaming minute with Quick Resume, lightning-fast load times, and gameplay of up to 120 FPS—all powered by Xbox Velocity Architecture.*
- Enjoy digital games from four generations of Xbox, with hundreds of optimized titles that look and play better than ever.
- When you add Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (membership sold separately) you get online multiplayer to play with friends and an instant library of 100plus high-quality games, including day one releases from Xbox Game Studios like Halo Infinite.*
- Hardware-accelerated ray tracing gives your games a heightened level of realism. Bring your games and movies to life with advanced 3D Spatial Sound, which produces rich, dynamic audio environments.
Microsoft Flight Simulator also announced today a unique collaboration with the Smithsonian National Air & Space Museum to bring one of the world’s most famous planes, the ‘Spirit of St. Louis,’ to life in the simulator as part of the 40th Anniversary Edition,” said the developers.