The LEGO Ideas (21333) The Starry Night set started out as a fan idea, or more specifically, one designed by Truman Cheng, a 25-year old art fan from Hong Kong. This set has now become a reality in collaboration with The Museum of Modern Art in New York. Vincent van Gogh’s masterpiece ha been reimagined in three-dimensional brick form, with emphasis placed on the artist’s brush strokes and color choice.
For those who don’t know, the Starry Night was inspired by van Gogh’s view from his window at the Monastery of Saint-Paul de Mausole asylum in Saint-Rémy, France, where he spent twelve months. It is the world’s most well-known post-impressionist works and has been a hit at MoMA since it first arrived in 1935. This 2,316-piece LEGO set includes many details right down to the twinkling stars to the surreal moon and Provence village below. Available June 1st worldwide, priced at $169.99 USD. To actually step into his paintings, you’ll have to visit the Vincent van Gogh exhibit at Carrières de Lumières in France.
LEGO Nintendo Entertainment System 71374 Building Kit; Creative Set for Adults; Build Your Own NES and TV, New 2021 (2,646 Pieces)
- Trigger nostalgic memories as you build this wonderfully detailed LEGO brick Nintendo Entertainment System (71374) and interactive, 1980s-style television displaying the classic Super Mario Bros. game
- The TV has a handle-operated scrolling screen and if you scan the action brick by placing LEGO Mario (figure not included) in the slot on top, he will react to the on-screen enemies, obstacles and power-ups
- Authentic details of the NES console are recreated in LEGO style, including a controller and an opening slot for the buildable Game Pak with a realistic locking function to delight Super Mario Bros. fans
- Whether you were an NES gamer back in the day, a fan of retro stuff, or are just looking for an immersive, fun, creative DIY project to leave you feeling revitalized, this 2,646-piece model building kit is ideal for you
- The buildable TV measures over 8” (22.5cm) high, 9” (23.5cm) wide and 6” (16cm) deep, and alongside the NES model makes a cool display item for your home or office. It also makes the best LEGO gift for gamer friends
At MoMA, we celebrate the opportunity to connect art and audiences, and are thrilled to be part of a new way to experience van Gogh’s work, and to inspire the creative impulse in people of all ages,” said Sarah Suzuki, Associate Director, The Museum of Modern Art.