Ken Block and Hoonigan Racing Division has revealed “Hoonipigasus”, a Porsche 911-based race car designed to tackle the Broadmoor Pikes Peak International Hill Climb in the Open class. Aesthetically, the duo teamed up with street artist Trouble Andrew, also known as Guccighost, to launch a unique livery on this vehicle.
Power comes from a 2016 911 GT3 R race car source twin-turbocharged 4.0L flat-six engine that makes 1,400 hp at sea level when running methanol, but at the top of Pikes Peak, it’s expected to generate 800 hp. This AWD beast weighs in at just 2204 lb (1000 kg) and features a GPS height-adjusted suspension based on previous year’s telemetry. Want to see it in action? You’ll have to watch the event on June 26, 2022 starting at 7:30 AM MDT. A great place to watch this race would be this house in the hill.
LEGO Technic Formula E Porsche 99X Electric 42137 Model Building Kit; Pull-Back Race Car Toy for Ages 9+ (422 Pieces)
- Build a Formula E racing icon – Motorsport fans will love building this LEGO Technic Formula E Porsche 99X Electric (42137) set
- Augmented reality – Download the LEGO Technic AR app to scan the model. Then use the pull-back function to launch the car using your foot and see it come to life in exciting races
- Pull-back function – Using the 2 pull-back motors, kids can judge how much energy to put into the car toy before making the perfect start to the race using the trigger
- A coolway to play – The pull-back function combines with the LEGO Technic AR app. After scanning the car in the app, pull it back by hand then use your foot to launch the car and watch the result
- Authentic design – This buildable model Porsche is an authentic model replica of the real-life Formula E Porsche race car, complete with sponsor logos
The Pikes Peak Hill Climb is one of the big reasons as to why I’m a rally driver. The list of drivers who have raced and won this hill climb includes many of my heroes: Walter Rohrl, Ari Vatanen, Michelle Mouton, Sebastien Loeb and Rod Millen to name a few. I’ve always wanted the chance to race Pikes Peak at the top level and compete for an overall win – and with our team and BBi Autosport creating this amazing Porsche, we’ve got a good shot! And, with Trouble’s wild livery, inspired by one of the most famous Porsches in history, we’ll be hard to miss,” said Ken Block, co-founder of Hoonigan.