Ever wonder what a Grand Theft Auto Vice City remake would look like on the PS5 or the Xbox Series S / X? TeaserPlay shows us just that using Epic Games’ Unreal Engine 5 with Lumen for rendering. The latter, Lumen Global Illumination, basically solves diffuse indirect lighting by providing infinite diffuse bounces, which are important in scenes with bright diffuse materials.
Why did TeaserPlay go through all the trouble of making entire concept trailer? Well, they wanted to show how powerful Unreal Engine 5 is for making sandbox games as well as what the remastered version of GTA Vice City should look like. Plus, Lumen’s Final Gather process includes sky shadowing, allowing indoor space to be much darker than outdoor lighting, resulting in a much more natural effect. Throw the Tesla Cybertruck in GTA and you’ve got something that Elon Musk would probably Tweet about.
Acer Aspire 5 A515-46-R3UB | 15.6″ Full HD IPS Display | AMD Ryzen 3 3350U Quad-Core Mobile Processor | 4GB DDR4 | 128GB NVMe SSD | WiFi 6 | Backlit KB | FPR | Amazon Alexa | Windows 11 Home in S mode
- Powerful Productivity: AMD Ryzen 3 3350U delivers desktop-class performance and amazing battery life in a slim notebook. With Precision Boost, get up to 3.5GHz for your high-demand applications
- Maximized Visuals: See even more on the stunning 15.6″ Full HD display with 82.58% screen-to-body, 16:9 aspect ratio and narrow bezels
- Backlit Keyboard and Fingerprint Reader: Biometric fingerprint reader and Windows Hello sign-in options help keep your Acer PC secure
- Internal Specifications: 4GB DDR4 on-board memory (1 slot available); 128GB NVMe solid-state drive storage (1 hard drive bay available) to store your files and media
- Acer’s Purified.Voice technology, features enhanced digital signal processing to cancel out background noise, improve speech accuracy and far-field pickup, which not only makes calls clearer, but makes talking to Alexa easier than before.
Unreal Engine 5’s Nanite Virtualized Geometry allows for geometry to be much more detailed than ever before. Lumen achieves full-resolution shading, while computing indirect lighting at a much lower resolution for real-time performance,” said Epic Games.