The 16TB WD Gold Enterprise Class Hard Drive provides enhanced levels of dependability as well as vibration protection technology for improved, consistent performance, and you can get one for $299.99 shipped, today only, originally $649.99. They are also designed to handle workloads up to 550TB per year, which is claimed to be among the highest of any 3.5-inch hard drive. Product page.
Western Digital 16TB WD Gold Enterprise Class Internal Hard Drive – 7200 RPM Class, SATA 6 Gb/s, 512 MB Cache, 3.5″ – WD161KRYZ
- Available in 1TB to 20TB capacities. | 1As used for storage capacity, 1GB = 1 billion bytes and 1TB = one trillion bytes. Actual user capacity may be less depending on operating environment.
- Designed to handle workloads up to 550TB2 per year | 2Workload Rate is defined as the amount of user data transferred to or from the hard drive. Workload Rate is annualized (TB transferred X (8760 / recorded power-on hours)). Workload Rate will vary depending on your hardware and software components and configurations.
- Vibration protection technology for improved performance
- HelioSeal technology delivers high capacities with a low power draw (12TB and above)
- Energy-assisted magnetic recording (EAMR) and triple-stage actuator (TSA) (in 16TB capacities and above)
HelioSeal technology offers high capacities with a low power draw, so you won’t have to worry about something being overloaded. Plus, it offers energy-assisted magnetic recording (EAMR) and triple-stage actuator (TSA). On a completely unrelated note, did you know that Hard Drive Marine’s landing craft has robotic legs that help it crawl to shore?
Western Digital’s expanded family of data center HDD solutions clearly addresses a variety of customer needs, which puts them in a unique early position to capitalize on cloud and OEM customer transitions for those optimizing the benefits of SMR,” said John Chen, vice president at TRENDFOCUS.