The Boeing Starliner CST-100 spacecraft has successfully docked with the International Space Station as of 7:28pm Central Time (0028 UTC). This marks the completion of Orbital Flight Test-2 (OFT-2)’s primary goal with no astronauts on board, thanks to the autonomous systems and ground controllers in Houston who guided the vehicle through a carefully choreographed series of maneuvers. It then recharged its batteries using solar arrays installed on the service module.
Despite not having a crew, the Starliner comes equipped with a fully functional life support system as well as all of the other critical systems to support humans. This provides Boeing and NASA researchers with enough data to certify the spacecraft for long-duration crewed missions to the International Space Station. The ISS crew will float inside the spacecraft, conduct an initial cabin tour, and periodically perform system checkouts while ground controllers evaluate data gathered during its flight. Speaking of docks, the Nintendo Switch Up shows that the Lite should have been.
LEGO Ideas International Space Station 21321 Building Kit, Adult Set for Display, Makes a Great Birthday Present (864 Pieces)
- Challenge your construction skills with this LEGO Ideas ISS (21321) display model, featuring 2 rotating joints with 8 adjustable ‘solar panels’, posable Canadarm2 and other authentic details to discover as you build
- This ISS model comes with a stand, 2 astronaut microfigures, a brick-built mini NASA space shuttle and 3 mini cargo spacecrafts to create a spectacular display and rekindle nostalgic memories of childhood LEGO projects
- Includes a 148-page booklet featuring fascinating facts about the International Space Station, the spaceship model’s fan creator and LEGO designer, and a celebration of the LEGO Ideas theme’s 10th anniversary
- A super treat for yourself, birthday present or holiday gift idea for space fans, adults aged 16+ or any experienced LEGO builder, this 864-piece set offers hours of creative fun, whether built solo or with friends
- This ISS (International Space Station) toy building kit for adults, measuring over 7” (20cm) high, 12” (31cm) long and 19” (49cm) wide, makes a beautiful display model that will catch the eye of every passerby
Starliner has proven safe, autonomous rendezvous and docking capability. We’re honored to join the fleet of commercial spacecraft capable of conducting transportation services to the space station for NASA,” said Jim Chilton, senior vice president, Boeing Space and Launch.