It’s official, the Boeing Starliner has been hoisted atop a United Launch Alliance Atlas V rocket ahead of the company’s second uncrewed Orbital Flight Test-2 (OFT-2) for NASA’s Commercial Crew Program. The launch is targeted for 6:54 p.m. EDT on Thursday, May 19 from Space Launch Complex 41 at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station in Florida.
In this new time-lapse video, we see the Starliner spacecraft being rolled out from Boeing’s Commercial Crew and Cargo Processing Facility at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida on a transport vehicle. It left the parking lot at about 11:00 a.m. EDT and made its way to the United Launch Alliance’s Vertical Integration Facility (VIF) at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station over the course of an hour. For those wondering, the US Space Force still has not revealed what the classified Boeing X-37 is being used for.
LEGO Ideas NASA Apollo Saturn V 92176 Outer Space Model Rocket for Kids and Adults, Science Building Kit (1969 Pieces)
- Bring to life the rocket launch that took humans to the moon with the meter-high (approximately 1: 110 scale) model rocket of the NASA Apollo Saturn V
- The Saturn V rocket kit includes 3 removable rocket stages (first, s-ii second, and s-ivb third) below the launch escape system, command and service module; Plus, there are 2 minifigures to accompany the Lunar Lander and splashdown rocket toy
- After building the Saturn V rocket, you can display the spacecraft horizontally with 3 stands; The Lunar Lander docks with the command and service modules while the Lunar Orbiter sends the rocket into space
- Recreate space adventures with this NASA toy and action figures based off of the included booklet about the manned Apollo Moon missions and the fan designers of this build and play set
- This spaceship toy measures over 39-inches (100cm) high and 6-inches (17cm) in diameter; It includes 1,969 pieces and is ideal for boys and girls 14 years or older
An additional vehicle conditioning purge system, provided by ULA and part of standard prelaunch operational procedures, will give the spacecraft ideal environmental conditions from the load onto the transport vehicle through L-8 hours. Just prior to cryogenic propellant loading, Starliner will begin receiving a dry atmosphere through the launch vehicle’s gaseous nitrogen purge system,” said Boeing.
Leave a Reply