It’s official, the BMW M Hybrid V8 LMDh race car will be competing in the IMSA WeatherTech Sports Car Championship in 2023. Technical details are sparse, but we do get a great look at its exterior design, which includes the hallmark wide kidney, a 50th anniversary logo on the hood, twin BMW icon lights, a dynamic body side, Hofmeister kink window graphic, and M ‘hook’ mirrors as well as taillights.
BMW Group Designworks Global Automotive Director Michael Scully states that its design is rooted in BMW’s DNA of purposeful, efficient performance, while its exterior’s bold, determined character invokes the automaker’s frontiersmanship of turbo power. However, this time, it’s an optimized hybrid electric powertrain. The camouflage livery you see is for the 50-Years of M celebration. It would be interesting to see the BMW M Hybrid V8 pitted against the Czinger 21C, a 3D-printed hybrid hypercar.
LEGO Technic BMW M 1000 RR 42130 Model Building Kit; Build a Stylish Motorcycle Display Model with This Rewarding Building Set for Adults; A for Motorcycle Fans (1,925 Pieces)
- A building set for adults – Start your creative engine with this rewarding build. The LEGO Technic BMW M 1000 RR (42130) model kit is the perfect set for adults looking for a hands-on project
- Packed with features – Explore the authentic details in this 1:5 scale model, including the 3-speed (+ neutral) gearbox, steering, front and rear suspension, chain transmission and 4-piston engine
- Stylish good looks – Admire the red, white and blue color scheme and iconic BMW branding. From the tires to the windshield, no detail has been overlooked in this model version
- Stunning BMW gift – Any motorcycle lover would love to receive this impressive model kit. Designed especially for adults, it offers an immersive project with a stylish display piece to enjoy
- 1:5 scale – This premium model (dimensions don’t include display stand) measures over 10 in. (27 cm) high, 17 in. (45 cm) long and 6 in. (17 cm) wide
The most critical task and the greatest challenge for the design team in the LMDh programme design team was that the prototype must be clearly recognisable as a BMW M Motorsport car. And I can say this to all the fans, just one look is enough to confirm that the BMW M Hybrid V8 is a BMW. It clearly carries the genes of BMW M. I also love the camouflage livery with its references to the great history of the brand in North America,” said Franciscus van Meel, CEO of BMW M GmbH.