The Xiaomi-backed Black Shark 5 Pro gaming smartphone has just launched globally, and this could be the ultimate budget-priced device in the sub-$1000 category. Its 4650mAh battery can be fully charged in a mere 15-minutes with the 120 Hyper Charge technology, and it also supports bypass charging that disables charging during gaming when external power is plugged in.
Priced at $899 USD, the mid-tier model features a 6.67” OLED e-sport display with a 144Hz refresh rate, Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor, 12GB of LPDDR5 (6,400 Mbps) RAM, 256GB of UFS 3.1 internal storage, a triple rear camera system (108MP Main + 13MP Ultra-Wide + 5MP Macro), a 16MP selfie camera, magnetic pop-up triggers, and an anti-gravity dual VC liquid cooling system. Speaking of sharks, the Black Shark 5 Pro is almost as cool as the wireless shark fin hair dryer.
5G Gaming Phone, xiaomi Black Shark 5 Pro Unlocked Cell Phone |12+256GB | 144Hz Display | 120W Fast Charging | Android Phone Global Version – Black
- Snapdragon 8 Gen 1: With fully upgraded CPU & GPU in a 4nm process, it brings unmatched performance even more surging and durable.
- GameEngine Performance Optimization: Equipped with AI process monitoring and ThermalControl key device thermal control optimization technologies, effectively improving the application launch/loading rate and game frame rate stability.
- 120W Hyper Charge Now under two gears: Charge your phone to 100% within 15mins in Ultimate Mode, or take 24mins in Even Mode to balance heat dissipation and charging speed.
- 144Hz E-Sports Display 10-bit Color Depth: Black Shark 5 Pro’s 6.7″ flexible OLED display with a 144Hz refresh rate, delivers an ultra-smooth and colorful visual experience in every game or daily use.
- 1st Again in DXOMARK Audio Ranking: A real top 1 with a huge gap before the second one. We use two flagship speakers and a powerful acoustic system with 4 driver chips inside the phone, combined with multiple audio algorithms such as NLC and the excellent tuning strength of Black Shark audio engineers, the bass is shocking and immersive, and the treble is transparent and bright.
The new Black Shark 5 Pro achieved a breakthrough in design. Its back is built with 3D curved glass and covered with nano-optical coating, creating a futuristic appearance. The curved back design also makes it comfortable when holding the phone, even during extended sessions of gaming,” said the company.