Photo credit: Victor Čech via Peta Pixel
Victor Čech, a nature photographer from Slovakia, set out to make a video journal about foxes, but discovered that his GoPro Hero 9 Black was not in its original spot. So, he removed the memory card and reviewed the footage, only to find that it was just a group of curious baby foxes that may have confused it for food.
Since 2009, Čech has been photographing wildlife, although it wasn’t until last year that he started experimenting with recording footage. He has been surveying this fox hot spot for the past two years, located in the area of Tueric, Slovakia, but wasn’t lucky enough to get footage like this until recently. We’re just waiting for Apple to release an action camera, like the AirCam.
GoPro HERO10 Black – Waterproof Action Camera with Front LCD and Touch Rear Screens, 5.3K60 Ultra HD Video, 23MP Photos, 1080p Live Streaming, Webcam, Stabilization
- Revolutionary Processor: Faster. Smoother. Better. The powerful new GP2 engine changes the game—snappy performance, responsive touch controls and double the frame rate for amazingly smooth footage. Designed specifically for the demanding nature of the GoPro, the GP2 “system on a chip” is by far our fastest ever.
- High-Res Photos plus Videos, High Frame Rate: Step up to the sharpest-shooting GoPro ever. Upgraded to incredible 23MP photos and 5.3K video resolution at 60fps, HERO10 offers double the frame rate for amazingly smooth motion. Plus, there’s 8x slo-mo at 2.7K and you can pause videos and grab 15.8MP still photos from 5.3K video that look amazing.
- Unbelievable Image Quality: Shoot with fine detail, realistic textures and stunning contrast, even in low light. Images look their best thanks to a new water-shedding hydrophobic lens cover that repels water while helping to eliminate lens flare and other artifacts.
- HyperSmooth 4.0: HyperSmooth has never been smoother, and it’s easy to dial in the best stabilization at all times. Plus, get even better low-light performance and horizon leveling with a higher tilt limit, so your footage looks perfectly straight when you want it.
- Fast, Reliable Connectivity: Super easy, super fast. Transferring photos and videos from your cloud-connected GoPro to your phone is simple and versatile, with your choice of effortless wireless upload via the Quik app or a lightning-fast wired connection via USB. There’s also unlimited cloud storage with hassle-free auto upload. Just plug in your camera when connected to your home Wi-Fi and the camera does the rest.
I set up the GoPro to try and capture the foxes and then 15 minutes after sunset, the foxes appeared and started playing and chasing each other. They also discovered my GoPro. I use a GoPro Hero 9 and firmware from GoPro labs with motion detection, [and] it works very well,” said Čech to Peta Pixel.