Photo credit: Let’s Go Digital
A recently uncovered Apple patent reveals how the iPad and a keyboard accessory can eventually merge to form a MacBook-like macOS computer. More specifically, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office approved a patent that describes a hinged iPad keyboard accessory capable of being attached in multiple ways, with one of the sketches showing a macOS-like) user interface.
Photo credit: Patently Apple
Does this mean that Apple plans on eliminating either an iPad or MacBook model? Possibly, but from the patent sketches, it does not appear to be the case, but rather possibly an even higher-end iPad Pro. There’s a base section and a coupling mechanism, with the former including a keyboard sporting electro-mechanical keys. The coupling mechanism appears to be located on one side of the keyboard and configured to allow for the device to have a touchscreen display when the iPad is connected. Who knows? This might even be the rumored Apple glass keyboard.
2020 Apple MacBook Air Laptop: Apple M1 Chip, 13” Retina Display, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD Storage, Backlit Keyboard, FaceTime HD Camera, Touch ID. Works with iPhone/iPad; Gold
- All-Day Battery Life – Go longer than ever with up to 18 hours of battery life.
- Powerful Performance – Take on everything from professional-quality editing to action-packed gaming with ease. The Apple M1 chip with an 8-core CPU delivers up to 3.5x faster performance than the previous generation while using way less power.
- Superfast Memory – 8GB of unified memory makes your entire system speedy and responsive. That way it can support tasks like memory-hogging multitab browsing and opening a huge graphic file quickly and easily.
- Stunning Display – With a 13.3” Retina display, images come alive with new levels of realism. Text is sharp and clear, and colors are more vibrant.
- Why Mac – Easy to learn. Easy to set up. Astoundingly powerful. Intuitive. Packed with apps to use right out of the box. Mac is designed to let you work, play, and create like never before.